There’s no getting around it - online video for marketing and customer engagement is here to stay. If your company isn’t using video yet, are you leaving money on the table? Check out this article from Forbes: Video Marketing In 2018 Continues To Explode As Way To Reach Customers.
Abiding by copyright and other IP laws is a requirement when creating and distributing content online content. The Center for Social Media, part of the School of Communication at American University, has produced a free resource to help individuals and firms navigate, in a more judicious way, the online world of sharing, re-posting, and copy & pasting.
You can download the Code of BestPractices in Fair Use for Online Video here or acquire it directly from their site at http://cmsimpact.org/codes-of-best-practices/. There is some other great content available on their website as well; take some time to peruse.
I combed the internet, did some research, and compiled a list of some easy things you can do to improve your video's SEO.
There's a lot of information out there on this, so I hope compiling these simple tips in one place is helpful and a convenient place to start. You can take a deep dive into this stuff, but...one step at a time.
10+1 Easy Things You Can Do to Improve Your Video’s SEO
1. Create great content that people will want to watch and share.
2. Distribute your videos throughout your site – don’t stack them all on one page.
3. Use a high-quality thumbnail for your content. The thumbnail itself will not increase your SEO, but it will increase the likelihood that viewers click on your content.
4. Use keywords in your title.
5. Take the time to complete a description of your video.
6. Create a transcript of your video and post it in the description area.
7. Preface your description with your URL to make it easier for viewers to link directly to your website.
8. Tag your video with relevant terms and words, but don’t go crazy; if you do, your content may register as spam.
9. Give your file a relevant name. For example, don’t use video00123.mp4. Use keywords and relevant terms in your title – words and terms that people might utilize for a search.
10. Add subtitles and closed captions. Not only are you making your content more accessible to more people, but they also provide additional text for search engine bots.
11. Optimize your content for the specific channels that you are using to promote your business. Export settings differ from channel to channel; understand these differences and make the appropriate adjustments. If you don’t know how – contact a professional.
With 800 million active monthly uses, Instagram is one of the best social media marketing platforms out there. Here's a cheat sheet and some pics I put together to ensure that your videos are formatted properly and look great.
Max resolution on Instagram is 640x640. If you're shooting widescreen (with your phone turned horizontally), set resolution to 640x360. Download the file below for full specs.